Interrailing (pt. 2)

11:05

In the first cities that I visited I tried to see as much as I could of the city so that I kind of rushed through them most of the time.

After these, I stayed at a friends place in Cologne and let me tell you, it has been amazing, we had an amazing first evening, full of stories, long walks and discussions as well as amazing homemade pizza.




On my second day in Cologne I just took a long walk through the old part of the city and nearly got lost, but as soon as I saw the cathedral again, I knew where to go.



Cologneis just beautiful and not too big. It's cathedral is impressive as well as a bit scary at night, but I really like it somehow. I really enjoyed my stay, eventhough there was a little thunderstorm and rain.

When I left Cologne to go to Amsterdam it was quite cloudy, so I kind of hoped for the sky to clear up, which did not happen.
In Amsterdam it was cloudy most of the time, with a lot of rain and some sunny minutes. I was a bit disapointed about the weather, but the city is adorable!




I visited museums, vintage markets and shops as well as a record store, which I completly fell for. So I definitley have to go there again. The Tropen Museum had two really good exhibitions about body art and "Secret Love". These exhibitions left me fascinated and inspired as well. I walked for a long time and if there wouldn't have been a lot of interesting shops between my major places to see, I would have been soaked, since it was raining heavily. 
After Amsterdam I chose to go to London, because I've never been there before and this decision was the worst and best I could have ever made.




The first evening and night were weird and scary, the second night was full of stuffy air and heat, but the days in London were amazing. I met a lot of lovely people in a hostel and we had some really great days together.



London seemed huge to me, it probably is, but I felt like I could get lost at every minute. I went to a pub, visited amazing galleries, vintage shops and fascinating street art pieces. I didn't even get to see all of the beauty of London, but at least some of it and I have to say, I'm impressed, but I would never want to live in a city like London, it's just too big for me.

All in all my Interrail trip was an amazing experience, and I definitely recommend traveling on your own!

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare